Tuesday 13 May 2014

Joint Honours EP review for Lucky Number 8 and Book Reviews, Book Reviews.................




I was recently asked to review a new EP by the band Joint Honours a four piece band from Derby.

Joint Honours began under the name Fires and Fireplaces, forming at Derby University in 2010 their sound is an amalgamation of several different genres, from The Streets right through to The Beach Boys. In 2011 the boys reached the final of the UK’s largest band competition ’Live and Unsigned’ playing at London’s O2 arena in Indigo2. The band went on to receive regular BBC airplay and received great reviews from the likes of Radio Ones Tom Deacon and Alex Perry from the Bloodhood Gang.

Fast forward to 2014 and lead vocalists and song writers David Jackson and Simon Marles are still the core of the band and are backed by the talented Adam Stone on Bass and Max Chambers on Drums. David and Simon have played all over the country in the past couple of years and have finally taken some time out to record their new EP ‘Lucky Number 8’. This EP is a collection of some of their best work and includes fan favourite ‘Coming Together’.

Although mainly self-produced at home, the boys have been fortunate to receive production help by some of the biggest names in the UK Industry. Mastered by the same engineer that worked with Adele, The Chemical Brothers and The Kooks confirms this.







There latest EP, that is hot off the press is Lucky Number 8, and has 6  tracks. These are Coming Together, Man Overboard, Windows, No Escape, Crux and Feel Good, 6 superb tracks in total.







The first song Coming Together is an upbeat, tap your feet,very catchy tune and will have you humming along in no time. In fact I think it is now firmly lodged in my brain. Man Overboard has a very different feel to it and is very soulful.   Windows is quite different again, and once again pretty upbeat. The shortest track on the album is Crux which has very pretty harmonies, but, I really hope this one grows in to something bigger too.The final track is more upbeat once more and has a slightly different feel again to it. Fabulous EP and well worth a listen. 




You can find the band here on Twitter, Soundcloud , Facebook, and their website




xxXxx



Books Reviews Book Reviews Book Reviews Book Reviews 



I thought it was about time I posted some reviews for the various books that I have been reading recently


So here we go


The first up is a book that recently came to my attention, as I am now friends with the writer on Facebook, believe it or not? So..... I thought in order to understand and get to know him better, it would be a good idea to read this.




 The book is The True Confessions of a London Spank Daddy by Peter Jones.




The True Confessions Of A London Spank DaddyThe True Confessions Of A London Spank Daddy by Peter Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure what to expect when I began to read this book, but I could hardly put it down. It gave both a daunting and a very exciting and sensually compelling description of what it feels like to be spanked and caned!

It gave us an insight in to the mind of both a Dom, as well as someone who is a *professional* spanker. Peter gives us the sense of what it would feel like to be the person that is receiving the spanking/caning whilst also revealing the various feelings that giving these punishments produces in the Dom himself.

He shows through his the writing that there are numerous deep feelings undercurrent for both the spanker, and the spankee! While also highlighting that in the world of BDSM there are limits to what extremes people will go. This is NOT abuse he is describing but a sexual act, and a very real and popular kink. The statistics speak for themselves.

I believe Mr Jones is considering writing a follow up, I will wait with bated breath for the sequel.

View all my reviews



You can find Mr jones on Twitter , Facebook and Goodreads



xxXxx



Next up is a collection of short erotic stories by James Grey, the book is called


Breaking Free



Breaking FreeBreaking Free by James Grey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this short anthology of four erotic tales and I would have given it 5 stars but, I just needed more of it really.

This was an interesting collection, as it gave you a bit of everything, for everyone.

The first story is really, I believe, * every man's dream* I will let you decide,(no spoilers in my reviews btw! cos they....spoil)

The second story was a stimulating and erotic chance meeting, where two strangers had a sensual interaction, then walked away ( on weak knees of course!)

The third story takes us in to the realm of *what women want*, and also what men desire too. Can you guess? well go and read it to find out them.

The final story takes us to a fantasy menage scene, a much loved favourite of the gents I believe, and a very sensual scene also.

All in one I really enjoyed this anthology and look forward to reading more of Mr Grey's writing and a very enticing set of tales from Mr Grey.

View all my reviews


You can find James on Goodreads , Twitter Smashwords and Amazon


Another fantastic book I have read is Roses at Dusk by M.W Russell



Roses at Dusk (Demonic, #1)Roses at Dusk by M.W. Russell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I must admit from the beginning you realise that Marcus is a very dark character and, as the story unfolds for Hannah, Penny and Felix I just couldn't put the kindle down. Dark sexual beginning that made you want to shout out to Hannah at times. Even though you know you shouldn't really feel for Marcus, you keep holding on in case he reprieves himself. Needless to say loved this book and can't wait for the follow up to be released

View all my reviews




The DhampireThe Dhampire by Lana Lundy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book and it was somewhat different than some other vampire books I have read lately. Despite someone moaning about the constant "peeing" that went on this didn't spoil it for me (I am a nurse after all) Could have been worse it could have included other bodily functions! Loved all the characters particularly Chantal and also the two main characters, quite a number of twists and turns in this book also, dont want to give too much away though. Fell in love with Jason, and the twins please take a look and you will see what I mean.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

★.•**•.★ NEW RELEASE ALERT ★.•**•.★ Be My Queen by Chelsea McDonald is now LIVE!

★.•**•.★  NEW RELEASE ALERT  ★.•**•.★  Be My Queen by Chelsea McDonald is now LIVE! Series: The Crown Duet, Book 2 G...